Welcome to XboxIssues

Welcome. I decided to make this blog after being a Xbox Ambassador for a number of years.

If you don't know an Ambassador is a Volunteer that Microsoft uses to help ease the load on the actual hard working support people.

I noticed that alot of the questions I would get could easily be solved by using Microsofts Xbox.com site.

Since some of the help articles may be hard to find, understand or the issue may be called something different in the gaming community making it more difficult to solve, I've decided to make this blog to make it easier for fellow gamers to get xbox assistance, news and all things Xbox.

If you have any Xbox related question you can find the answer to feel free to contact me on YouTube, twitter or in the comments.

Friday, July 21, 2023

HOW TO: How to Delete Game Saves From Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One (Updated)

Have you ever tried to load a game save, only to be met with an error stating the game save is corrupted?

Have you ever wanted to start a game from scratch but the game in question does not have the option remove the old game save data?

Simply uninstalling the game will not remove game saves.  If you have uninstalled the game it must be reinstalled to remove any game saves.



      WARNING: ONCE YOU DELETE A GAME SAVE FROM EVERYWHERE, IT IS FINAL. THERE ARE NO RECOVERY OPTIONS.

      Also, this can not be use to reset stats or multiplayer games like COD or Battlefield that type of data can not me removed, if you do this for a game of this type, you'll just lose your single player campaign.  This will not remove achievements either.

      13 comments:

      1. When I get to step 3, my screen does not look the same as in your video. I get a left hand column that I can scroll down to Saved games. From there, I can delete the games, but upon reboot it resyncs and the old saved games are there. I do not get the option or choice to delete local, Cloud, or both. Is there a setting that I have not setup?

        ReplyDelete
      2. They changed the menu, but it works. Unless your trying to delete a game save from a game that is stored server side like almost all multiplayer games, COD, Battlefield etc you can not reset your multiplayer states or progression this way.

        ReplyDelete
      3. mine just resyncs when i start it up again. can't actually start the game over

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. You have to take the console offline, then start a new game, then reconnect the internet.

          Delete
      4. diconnecting didn't work, the game (steep) just resyncs when you reconnect to the internet. I've tried deleted everything from my gamer profile and every time I start the game, it starts from where I lefy off. I want to start the game from the beginning. Any idea how I can do this?

        ReplyDelete
      5. diconnecting didn't work, the game (steep) just resyncs when you reconnect to the internet. I've tried deleted everything from my gamer profile and every time I start the game, it starts from where I lefy off. I want to start the game from the beginning. Any idea how I can do this?

        ReplyDelete
      6. Steep is an always On-Line Game. The Saves will always be resynced with Steep servers, you'll have to contact Ubisoft for help: https://support.ubi.com/en-US

        ReplyDelete
      7. Okay so I love video games but I don't know alot about the deleting saves and all that but I want to start completly over on my Sims 4 game. I just don't want the dlc to get deleted also. My friends and I worked hard to get it all and my interest is super slow so redoenloading it all if it did get deleted would take days if not longer.

        ReplyDelete
      8. I also do not have the option to delete from the cloud, and cannot find anywhere where that option is available. When I get to the delete part, my only option is "Delete saved game files". When I choose that, I get a warning pop-up message that says something like "Deleting the file on your hard drive will not delete any synched games". That is literally the only option I have. Is there no way to access your cloud files outside of the xbox (like signing in to Micorsoft on your computer or something?)

        ReplyDelete
      9. What I think is really rude is that xbox knows this and they are not doing anything about it. I to have a problem with trying to delete my saved games only for it to be "resynced" when I go to play it. This is why I didnt want to buy a xbox one because I knew stuff like this would happen. They want you to buy the xbox but have no control over it. Im done with this bull shit!

        ReplyDelete
      10. When the game is up and ready, hit save and select at the same time on your controller, go down to manage storage>saved games, delete the saved game you want to remove, done.

        ReplyDelete
      11. hello I'm trying to play a game called Fable 3 and it's saying that my game save is corrupted and when I follow the instructions in your video I go down to save data and it'll only show reserved space 10 MB please help

        ReplyDelete
      12. Great post man thanks for sharing this useful information,For Xbox One Jailbreak vist Xbox One Jailbreak with USB download & Xbox 360 Jailbreak with USB download for free follow the link to read more.

        If you are looking for a free Nintendo Switch then visit Free Nintendo Switch Giveaway

        ReplyDelete

      In order to keep this page civil and clean all comments will need approval.